Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby's first food!

I'm going to take a break from our regularly scheduled program to share with you my son, Brayden's first food!  He turned 6 months today and we celebrated with some avocado!  The first thing Gianna did was go into my cookie cutter drawer and brought me one to "make Brayden's lunch pretty." :)

We do Baby-led Weaning (BLW) with our kids, which means skipping purees and cereals and starting with age appropriate table food at 6 months or later.  We had a fantastic experience with Gianna, and we are so excited to start Brayden's BLW journey!  If you are interested in reading about BLW, I would suggest Gill Rapley's book, Baby-Led Weaning

The way I prepared Brayden's avocado was I quartered it lengthwise and peeled it halfway down.  This gave him a handle on the slippery avocado.








1 comment: